A Postponement

Dear Faithful Praying Family & Friends,

Stephen & I are leaving for our vacation tomorrow!  We decided to postpone my further treatment [which I described in my post of last week.] Since I did not have the “port” surgically implanted,  I can swim on vacation with Stephen, which I was so looking forward to!  We will be out of town until 08.11.09.  While we are gone, the OncoTypeDx test will be conducted [the lab and my tissue is in CA].  It takes 10-14 days.  The purpose of this diagnostic tool is to provide information which will guide the patient and the medical team in planning further treatment.  So, my chemo is “on hold” at this point, until Stephen & I have an opportunity to do some further research, which we will resume after vacation.

I will probably be “off-line” during vacation but I look forward to writing to you again after I return.  In the meantime, please pray that Stephen & I would be wise and make good decisions about further treatment.  Thank you for reading this and for praying!

Benedictus es, Domine.

Coram Deo,



Filed under Uncategorized

4 responses to “A Postponement

  1. Meredith Fishback

    I am so glad you are researching treatment. Everything I read says something else! You are wise beyond your years, Margo. Enjoy your vacation and I will watch for further news.
    Love you,

  2. Bill & Kristy

    Bill looked out the window this morning and announced, “The Paynes are home!” Welcome back! We have missed you.

    I read the following last week and the words reminded me of you and your love for hymns. Indeed, God has given you “songs in the night.”

    I have been through the valley of weeping,
    The valley of sorrow and pain;
    But the “God of all comfort” was with me,
    At hand to uphold and sustain.

    As the earth needs the clouds and the sunshine,
    Our souls need both sorrow and joy,
    So He places us oft in the furnace,
    The dross from the gold to destroy.

    When He leads through some valley of trouble,
    His omnipotent hand we trace;
    For the trials and sorrows He sends us,
    Are part of His lessons in grace.

    Oft we run from the purging and pruning,
    Forgetting the Gardener knows
    That the deeper the cutting and trimming,
    The richer the cluster that grows.

    Well He knows that affliction is needed;
    He has a wise purpose in view.
    And in the dark valley He whispers,
    “Soon you’ll understand what I do.”

    As we travel through life’s shadowed valley,
    Fresh sprigs of His love ever rise;
    And we learn that our sorrows and losses,
    Are blessings just sent in disguise.

    So we’ll follow wherever He leads us,
    Let the path be dreary or bright;
    For we’ve proved that our God can give comfort,
    Our God can give songs in the nights.

  3. Margo,
    God gives us many bumps in the road, but he is always with us. Think positively. A 41 % chance of recurrence is still a 59% chance of not. The odds are in your favor. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Steve as you walk this road, but you are not alone.
    In Christ,
    Nellie Baumgarten

  4. Isabel Owen

    I pray things went well today. Between your attitude and faith you will conquer it all. Your family and friends are here for you if you need us.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s